• Mr. Trump attacked Representative Elijah E. Cummings over the weekend, calling the African-American congressman “racist” without any explanation. It was a familiar strategy: Mr. Trump often alleges that his enemies are actually whatever he is being called — whether that’s racist, mentally unbalanced or losing a step through age.
• The House Judiciary Committee asked a federal judge to unseal grand jury secrets related to Robert Mueller’s investigation, using the court filing to declare that lawmakers have already in effect begun an impeachment investigation of Mr. Trump.
• The chairman of the Judiciary Committee, Representative Jerrold Nadler, said on Sunday that he believed Mr. Trump “richly deserves” to be impeached. It was the most forceful public comments yet from the leader of the panel that would open the proceedings.
• Support among Democratic voters for opening an impeachment inquiry is growing. But even in the aftermath of Mr. Mueller’s congressional testimony, voters bring it up far less than they do policy issues, and few of the 2020 hopefuls make it central, or mention it at all, in their appeals.
• Riding the bus to Canada with Senator Bernie Sanders, in search of more affordable prescription drugs.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.